Nov 17, 2015

Give them the finger they were looking for !


The world was supposed to become a more comfortable place. The motto was about accepting differences. People were supposed to express themselves more easily and the world was supposed to embrace those people with tender. I am living in a developing country and it just seems a lot to ask. In my country there are many homophobes and it just doesn't end there. The judgmental eyes rolls at many other things too. in a nutshell, being different and having a unique lifestyle is frowned upon here. 
I feel I was completely uptight so many years ago when I was a teenager. But then I started to become this open-minded person who I think I am today. I believe that everywhere in the world people become more mellow when they get older. But it doesn't work like this in my country. I have had many teenagers in my classes and I am so happy to see how the new generation is trying new things or at least is not afraid of those who r different. On the other hand, older people r hard to change. It seems to me that they tend to close their world as they r getting old like every little change is totally dangerous and threatening to their existence. They think the world is a better place with a same system of thinking and same tastes. On the contrary, they r making the world a harder place to live and the first target of discomfort is themselves actually. 

I have seen many tolerant open-minded people though ... I think I still need to be hopeful about the coming generation. don't I ?



 

1 comment:

  1. As you wrote, there are huge differences between current generation and the previous one, but we can still be hopeful about the future!

    ReplyDelete